Thursday, August 20, 2009


This is the picture of the family home in St.George. It is on a very busy street, but I'm sure it felt rural when they lived there. It was big for a big family, but now it has been divided up into (I think Brent said) 5 apartments. The reunion is in honor of Jesse Wentworth Crosby who joined the LDS church early on and Jesse was one of the earliest pioneers to Utah.















This is a picture of my sister Carlene, in the pink and the other woman is Linda Lou, my cousin and sister to Brent. I remember her from the past reuniuons when I was child and we'd drive to St.George and then go up to Pine Valley. St Geo can be blisteringly hot, but when you drive up to Pine Valley, it's always cooler and very beautiful. I remember as a child, when we'd drive to Pine Valley, it would be late at night and we'd be on a narrow dirt road, the sky completely black except for the sprinkling of stars and I'd be safe in the car with my dad and mom in charge. We stayed at Aunt Maud's house, there in the valley. Carlene says she remembers having a room in the house to sleep but Brent says he remembers sleeping in the barn with the other boys. I don't remember where we slept, I just remember the long wait at the one bathroom. And the horseback rides, and splashing in the small rivers.











I went to a family reunion in St. George, this past weekend, August 15. It is a reunion that has been running continually for at least 60 years of my father's family. I didn't take many pictures, I should have taken more. In this picture, the man standing in the middle is my cousin Brent. When he was a young teenage, he came to spend a summer at our house. I remember him being so cute, with sparkling, happy eyes and dark hair. He and his sister, Wynona, are the most instrumental in keeping the reunion going, especially this year. I probably wouldn't have gone if he hadn't called me many times to get information on my family. And also, to offer a place to stay in his house for me and my sister Carlene.


1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh, how great that you went and nice for me that you posted pictures. We have driven by the old Crosby home and I have good memories of the reunion in past years.