Sunday, October 23, 2011
Mimi
This little quilt I made for our quilt guild challenge. The theme was "flowers" and we could use anything, even just flower fabric to make a small quilt. These were then displayed in the museum here in town in May and June. They tell us this is one of the favorite displays in the museum. The title is "Mimi: I want to stay in Mama's garden". I spent a huge amount of time on this little quilt. I had put dark, viney fabric between the fence posts all around the outside edge and it made it look too enclosed, like she was in a cave. So I took it apart and made a new fence with sky fabric for part of it. Some of the background pieces have flowers then I also appliqued flowers on the fence and the leaves that are supposed to be something vegetabl-ee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
looks cute, Mimi will love to see it!
Post a Comment