As part of the tour, I got off and went into this church. It was very New England. Inside, I thot these pipes for the organ were very beautiful and worth a picture.
In Halifax, Nova Scotia, after the morning on a tour into the countryside, We had passes for this double decker bus. It had the "hop on/ hop off" feature. We planned on going out separately, so I was alone on this tour. If I stayed on the bus and just rode, it was supposed to be about an hour and a half and there was about 4 hours in the afternoon to see what we wanted to see. I stopped at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia because there was an exhibit called "The Painted House of Maud Lewis". Our guide had earlier told us of this woman, Maud Lewis, who was born quite handicapped who also had rheumatoid arthritis who lived in a tiny house, and spent her days painting her walls, chairs, windows, anything she could lay her hands on plus boards or canvas to sell. She didn't leave her house for 35 years, just painted, and sold some things from the house. What a story of courage and doing the best with what you have. I was so glad I went into that gallery.


No comments:
Post a Comment