Friday, November 7, 2008
















This another street of Quebec City that I thot was pretty. Another motif for painters. Some day maybe I'll use it. I tried to take pictures that were artistic looking.






This picture shows the city gates the tour guide told us about. The older part of the city is surrounded buy walls which is the area around the water where the ships dock. There are several gates like this in the wall that survive.






As I said earlier, Quebec City is very hilly and just above the oldest part of town there is a very steep rise. To get up there, you could climb a lot of stairs, or take this "funicular". The tour guide recommended taking the funicular up and then walking down. It was $2.00 which seemed worth the experience.






In the lower part of the city there are some quaint shops with all kinds of artistic things going on. The tour guide said we should buy our souvenirs here because it was mostly made locally, you know, not from Taiwan. So I went into this glass blowing place and immediately thot of our experience with glass blowing and Thomas - in Cape Cod. I asked for permission to take a picture because I didn't want to startle the technician.




This last picture is of the entire wall painted with scenes. Our tour guide took us there specifically. Very interesting.

No comments: