This quilt has a story. A woman in our ward who was in her 80's died about 6 months ago. Her husband collects tractors - not toy ones, real tractors - and has quite a collection around his house. He was going through her things and came across this fabric. She had been planning a quilt for him before she became too ill. One of the bishopric was visiting and was shown the fabric. He said, "I know someone who can make this quilt for you", and he took it home to his wife, Cindy, who put the pieces together using some "dirt" fabric she already had. She asked me to machine quilt it. I'm just learning how to do that, so luckily you can't look too close. But I think it's a sweet tribute for Brother Ruhter and his wife.
Monday, June 8, 2009
This quilt has a story. A woman in our ward who was in her 80's died about 6 months ago. Her husband collects tractors - not toy ones, real tractors - and has quite a collection around his house. He was going through her things and came across this fabric. She had been planning a quilt for him before she became too ill. One of the bishopric was visiting and was shown the fabric. He said, "I know someone who can make this quilt for you", and he took it home to his wife, Cindy, who put the pieces together using some "dirt" fabric she already had. She asked me to machine quilt it. I'm just learning how to do that, so luckily you can't look too close. But I think it's a sweet tribute for Brother Ruhter and his wife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Love the tractor quilt - I'm sure your work is very appreciated!
What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing and you are so kind to machine quilt it....
Post a Comment