Thursday, February 23, 2012
kitchen
When we bought this house, there were two of these light fixtures in the kitchen, this one in the middle and one over the stove. A number of years ago, probably 6 or 7, I came home one day and the fixture over the stove was on the floor. If I had been cooking at the stove I would have heard a sound, looked up to see the fixture land on my head. I could have been killed! It took some time, but Vere covered the hole with a small metal circle, leaving the wires available underneath. Since then I've been ignoring it, but knowing some day I needed to paint the ceiling. Friday and Saturday of last week, I scrubbed the greasy ceiling, and painted it.
I also painted the wall space above the cupboards a pale gray. It's not a dark color, but I like the effect of a little color with all that white. Painting the walls took two days too and I'm very tired. Gone are the days when I could run around, paint a whole room in hours and be done. Of course the area was complicated, all done with a paint brush. I'm sooo glad I finally got that room painted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment