Saturday, May 31, 2014

50 wedding anniversary











What do you do for a 50th wedding anniversary?  Celebrate quietly?  I suggested a weekend away at some remote spot like Pagosa Springs, Colorado.  Vere suggested a small dinner with a few friends, catered.  So we invited just 100 of our closest friends in Moab.  When I mentioned to Betty what we wanted to do she offered her house and I was thrilled.  Her house is always spotlessly clean, they have a large glassed in porch along the back of the house, plenty of tables and chairs, and they have central airconditioning.  I made the usual, potato salad, jello salad, crock pot meatballs.  People offered deserts.  This last picture is of our friends Betty and Ned Dalton.  She has a preserved tree on the front porch that she decorates for the holidays and for us, she put up special decorations.  

3 comments:

Valerie said...

What a great looking couple and a happening party! Happy Anniversary :)

Jill said...

Happy belated anniversary! Looks like a great party...

sonya d said...

Looks like fun! Hope you got some good cake!