On Pinterest I found an idea for how to make a Zentangle quilt. I had been trying to figure out something that would come out as Zentangle, thinking maybe drawing on fabric some zentangle designs, or maybe sewing with black thread the designs. Amazing, on Pinterest the idea was just to use black and white materials in a "crazy quilt" type of design, zigzag the edges onto a white background. So easy. Anyway, it was worth a try. I wanted to make one for the quilt show coming up in honor of our friend, Carolyn Webb. Carolyn got sick about the time I did, only her's was cancer. There was a chance she could live for years in remission after the chemo. She started playing around with Zentangle that last year and taught it to me and others. Then, sorry, she died suddenly in October. This quilt is to thank her for this new art form.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
thoughtful and cool design!
Post a Comment