Monday, June 8, 2020

May 2020, 4 quilts for "Wrap A Smile" / One Very Pink crib size

 Many, many years ago I had in mind a quilt from 4 - square blocks, cut into circles, then the circles folded over to create a smaller 4  square on the back with  4 oval shapes in front around a white center.  I hope you can get the picture.  It works out to be like a "Cathedral Window".  Anyway, I had stacks of these 4 squares thinking I'd make that quilt.  I can't believe how many squares I had cut out.  But I got an email from this charity "Wrap-A-Smile" suggesting quilts to honor their founder whose first name starts with a "T".  I had enough squares to make these four quilts.  Can you see the yellow "T" in the first two.  The last two I made some special squares with the "T" in them.  They are about 40" by 60" made to wrap around patients who have had facial repair surgery in third world countries.





This last quilt was the second one I made from some flannel my friend Leslie gave me.  It is crib sized, no idea who will be getting it.  It's the same fabric as one I made and posted earlier, different backing