We were talking on Skype and the subject of our girl's doll came up. We decided it would be fun to make doll clothes for her,. My sister, Jackie had patterns and I asked for her help. The very next day she sent me a box full of patterns and bits of fabric she had used when she was making doll clothes for her grandkids and for Val's daughter, Mimi.
Making the pants is the easiest, the tops a little more complicated. I pulled out my ribbons and rick-rack and improvised. Jackie has been making dresses for another project by cutting off the tops of T-shirts and adding a cotton, matching skirt. So she had the bottoms of several T-shirts that she sent. These were perfect because the hems were already there to be used. 
This material I happened to have, always figured I'd find a use for them and this was it. It's light weight denim with the little butterflies scattered on it. I fussy cut around the butterflies and made the jacket, skirt and pants. There is a little, pink top from the T-shirt material under there. 
This white material is very soft knit with specks of gold printed on it. I just added some gold trim - dress, shirt and pants.
Brown knit and an orange blouse from some flashy sequined material.
This material doesn't show up very well. It's kinda brocaded, so it looks fancy. I made the jacket, pants and a long coat. The coat has a big round collar that got cut off in the picture.
Wow, this outfit was time consuming. The top was a small piece of material Jackie sent, it looks like it has sequins on it. There was just enough for a shirt without sleeves. Jackie also sent a big piece of the Tulle that matched perfectly. I cut as many pieces I could of out that, sewed it together along the top and made a multi-layered skirt, gathered. I had just enough tulle to make a long "wrap" for nights out.

2 comments:
So much work! Wonderful :)
She loves these so much!
Post a Comment