Tuesday, February 15, 2022

January 2022, Baby quilt, (two) 40"X60" quilts, Courthouse steps

This quilt  is for a baby, made from the same fabric as one on an earlier blog.  Very pretty fabric.




I've made several quilts with this pattern, (Double Triangle) I found on "Film in the Fridge"  It''s a fun and easy pattern but time consuming.  The top quilt is more pastels for a girl, the next one is darker, more for a boy.  The next picture is the backing for the boy's quilt, left over blocks and similar fabric blocks.  These quilts will go to the Project Linus" after the guild quilt show.






this pattern is called "Courthouse Steps" but it's different with a 9 patch small block for the center.  I made this from a big bag of fabric given to me by guild  member, Tommye.  Although the pieces were already cut - strips of 1 1/2" fabric, with stacks of the 9patch blocks already sewn, It took a long time to finish sewing it together.  The blocks are sashed together with 1 1/4" strips of black.