Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I just finished this little quilt. It's for Vere's brothers's wife's daughter, Courtney who is having a baby. It is a fairly easy quilt to make since it involves straight strips. But it took time to find the lace and ric-rac that went into each seam. To explain the quilt, It is called "The Princess and the Pea". So, the strips are the mattresses the princess is sleeping on. Each mattress has a line of lace or ric-rac to serve as sheets or something. Come to think of it, there probably wouldn't be sheets on each succeeding mattress, would there? But that's what the instructions asked for.

I machine quilted each line, but when it came to quilting the top around the princess, the material was just too slippery, so I had quilted it. Notice the little bird flyhing above the princess. Courtney wanted pink and brown colors, which is a popular color combination right now. If I do another one like this, which I probably will, I'll use more pastel colors, I think



5 comments:

Esther said...

I love this quilt!!! So cute!!!!

shaunacd said...

esther, the next one is yours. SCD

sonya d said...

Super cute, mom!

Barb said...

So cute!! Once again a masterpiece!

Barnesy said...

Love it! So beautiful!