Tuesday, May 26, 2009


Monday morning was beautiful, but promised a hot day. We had such a good day. I had bought a plastic octopus and Vere filled it with air with the compressor. Maureen and Thomas in their suits ran through the water that sprayed from it. Vere and Greg revved up the 4 wheeler and Greg took Maureen and Thomas on rides up and down the road. The kids really love riding on that wheeler. Maureen found the cars in the garage and loved sitting in granddad's Corvette. TV sure comes in handy when the rest of us need a rest - Maureen and Thomas can become intranced by the TV and we try to use it only when necessary.
Late in the afternoon, Greg, Maureen, Thomas and I went to Rim Village where there is a neighborhood pool and we swam for about an hour. Maureen would jump into the water while hollering "cannonball". Sounds so funny from such a little kid. You have to be ready for her, as she'll jump in, ready or not, and doesn't mind if she's not rescued immediately but can be underwater until she's gasping for air when she's lifted up. Greg watched out for Maureen most of the time while I was ready as much as possible for whatever Thomas could think to do. It was so much fun and I wondered how we'd convice them to leave after an hour. But Maureen just decided to curl up on a lounge chair when she started shivering so hard. Thomas usually doesn't argue about anything as long as he's given enough warning. "5 more minutes and then we have to go" is good enough for him.
After we got back to the house, Vere, Greg and Thomas went off to practice shooting. I thot they'd only be gone an hour, but were gone for two. They shot at water filled milk jugs. Vere said Thomas really seemed to enjoy the shooting.








No comments: