


These are just a few of the quilts in the show I went to in SLC last Friday. All the quilting is done by machine and there were at least 200 or more hanging to look at. I spent 5 1/2 hours wandering around and looking at the things for sale by the vendors. I bought some fabric because I couldn't resist and was very tempted to buy a contraption that can be used for machine quilting. The long arm machines can cost $10,000. But there are different ways to rig up the quilt so it can be held tightly in a frame and held so you can move it under a regular machine and then quilted. I tried out one that was being shown, and it was very tempting to buy. It was almost $500. Debbie, from the quilt guild was there and she bought one as I watched. I have the brochure, and after Debbie has used hers, I'll see if it works as well at home as it did there.
I stayed with my sister, Jackie and on Saturday morning I took the frontrunner (commuter train) into SLC and met my friend Kathleen at the tabernacle. David Mc Cullough, the author of several best selling books including "John Adams" and "1776" was giving a speech. The building was completely full. Afterward, I went over to the bookstore for the book signing. I already had "John Adams", but I bought 2 more books for gifts and had them signed. I waited in line for 3 hours and when I left, the line was around the store and out the door. I was so tired! Got back to my car and drove home to Moab. But it was a fun weekend and I'm glad I got out of my comfort zone and made the trip. It helped to have Vere be nice about it all.

3 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend. I wish I were there to play too. Next year OK? The quilts are beautiful and very interesting. The ones you make are also very special.
Every time I go to your blog there are eye candy quilts! You are amazing...
Wish you could see the book!
xxoo
Hope to see the book sometime soon. I'm sure you're have fun on the cruise. xxoo to you too.
Post a Comment